Saturday, June 6, 2009

Challenge 6 Peek-a-Boo

Well I have to say I flat out hated this challenge. I just don't know what to say about it. I tried to pull off something different by combining vinyl and organza. One of the judges didn't even know it was organza and made a very strange comment: the vinyl and chiffon might have worked. Might have worked, but I guess that brown ribbon made it not work. I had to laugh at that comment, if she'd seen it without the brown ribbon she would have said..........it's all faded into a yellow blob!!! The ribbon at least helped to define it a bit more. Without the ribbon it just looked blah. Another judge griped that my peace sign wasn't centered.......oh for Pete's sake Ellowyne, did you have to slump at the moment I snapped the pic!!!

JUDGE #1

4 5 5 Larraine, this is great. Going back to your first 3 or 4 outfits, this blends nicely and adheres to the word, the line and your overall approach. I think the pleating is a little uneven in the back, but is easily fixed. Your colors are always on the ball and your line is really starting to look like something! I'm going to use you as an example to everyone b/c I feel you are one of the best with keeping your designs alike and yet original.


JUDGE #2

3-3-3 You made this challenge harder than it needed to be. The vinyl and the chiffon MIGHT have worked, but the brown ribbon overshadows all of your work.

JUDGE #3

3 3 4 The peek-a-boo elements of the bodice and skirt fit the theme, and the pleated portion of the skirt adds interest to the back. The organza is neatly hemmed. The bodice would look better without the vertical ribbon trim.

JUDGE #4

4, 4, 4. The best thing is that you captured the "peek-a-boo" element in this design. However, the peace symbol in the middle of the "peek-a-boo" is off-center, and may have worked better as a necklace. It seems a little large and out of scale with the doll. The pleating on the back of the organza isn't quite as even as it should be, but it's close. This design fits in nicely with the rest of your collection thus far.

PAB SCORE: 44 TOTAL: 266

Here is the winner of the Challenge:


Can we say STUNNING!!!


No comments: